Fall For Our Chicken Sausage Ragu This Autumn
This fresh and tasty Chicken Sausage Ragu recipe is an absolute must as the seasons change!
There’s really nothing more comforting than coming home after a long day at work to a huge bowl of pasta. Ragu is usually made with ground beef or pork, but I had some chicken sausages left in the fridge and thought they’d work really well in this dish.
You don’t have to be an avid cook to get this recipe perfected either. You’ll probably have most of the ingredients in already, so it’s just a case of quickly bringing it all together in a pan. I think that’s enough convincing for now. Here’s how to make the Chicken Sausage Ragu.
Chicken Sasuage Ragu Ingredients (Serves 2)
For the pasta:
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 chicken sausages
- 200g Pappardelle (or tagliatelle)
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped brown onion
- Olive oil
For the topping:
- 1 bunch of Flat leaf parsley
- A pinch of parmesan
How to make the Chicken Sausage Ragu
- Bring a large saucepan of water with a pinch of salt to a boil for the pasta
- Chop the parsley
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press if that’s what you prefer)
- Remove the sausage casings and chop them into small chunks
- Place a large frying pan on a medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil
- Add the chopped sausages to the pan and break the pieces up with a wooden spoon as you cook (until it looks like chicken mince). Keep cooking until the sausage meat starts to brown, around 4-6 minutes.
- Add the pappardelle to your pan of boiling water.
- Cook the pasta for about 10 minutes until it is ‘al dente’.
- Return back to your pan with sausage meat and add the onion and garlic, mixing until they start to brown
- Then add the can of chopped tomatoes and a tablespoon of tomato puree.
- Stir together and simmer on a lower heat fo 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce has thickened, drain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to your ragu along with half of the parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in pasta bowls and top with the remaining parsley and a sprinkling of parmesan.
Enjoyed the Chicken Sausage Ragu? Then you’d definitely like some more foodie inspiration! Head over to our blog for easy and healthy recipes. And if you don’t have time to make anything from scratch, let us do the cooking for you! Our 3 minute meal prep plans are full of variety to help you stay on track. Whether you’re slimming, bulking, or maintaining, there’s something for everybody.