Cheesy Chicken, Tomato, and Basil Bake Recipe
Cheese and tomato. An all-time classic pairing. But as much as we’d love to devour pizza five times a week, it’s never going to suddenly become a healthy option. So we’ve cooked up something just as good, if not better. This cheesy chicken, tomato, and basil bake is unbelievably tasty and so easy to make.
Here’s everything you’ll need to make 4 portions:
For The Chicken
- Tbsp of olive oil
- 500g of chicken breast, cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tsp of chilli flakes
For The Bake
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 red chilli – finely chopped
- 400g of passata
- Tbsp of oregano
- Tbsp of red wine vinegar
- A bunch of fresh basil
- 300ml of chicken stock
- 100g of light mozzarella – grated
- 100g of light cheddar – grated
- 125g of cooked white rice (per portion). We used basmati rice.
- Side salad or green veg
How To Make The Cheesy Chicken, Tomato, And Basil Bake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on a medium heat and add your chicken breast slices. Season generously and add chilli flakes. Fry until the chicken starts to brown before removing and setting aside.
- Now, add your onion and fry on a medium heat until soft. Add your garlic and chilli and fry for 1-2 mins. Then add your passata, stir well, bring to a simmer and add oregano, red wine vinegar, and basil, stir again and leave to simmer for 10 mins.
- Add your chicken stock and chicken pieces to the pan. Top your creation with mozzarella and cheddar and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- Serve with 125g of cooked basmati rice and a side salad or green veg.