Breakfast Oat Bars That Will Brighten Your Morning31 August 2021
We all skip breakfast occasionally, but make it a habit and you’ll soon be falling asleep at your desk. These warm, gooey, and filling breakfast oat bars taste just like a flapjack (without the added calories!). They’re really easy to make too. Once you’ve whipped up a batch over the weekend, your breakfast for the working week is sorted.
Breakfast oat bars slot neatly into your lunchbox, so even if you’re on the go, there’s no excuses for missing your morning fuel. Plus, there’s plenty of heavenly chocolate chips that just melt right in your mouth, setting you up for the most perfect day (if we do say so ourselves). And if you feel like something different for breakfast, you could always have one of these delicious bars as a snack.
Here’s how to make the breakfast oat bars:
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Square baking tray
- Baking paper
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
How to make breakfast oat bars
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Line a square baking tray with parchment
- Stir the oats, yogurt, water, chocolate chips, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Now pour the mixture into the tray with smooth the surface out with a wooden spoon or palette knife.
- Sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top if you fancy and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave the mix in there for an extra 20 minutes to let it settle.
- Slice into squares.
- If you’d like, drizzle over melted chocolate, yogurt, Nutella, caramel (the list goes on)… we did this batch without any toppings to keep them on the healthier side.
- Serve with your favourite fruit.
For more healthy recipes, take a look at our blog for some inspiration. And if you don’t have the time to shop for ingredients and cook, click here for some breakfast on the go meal prep that you can tailor to your macros.